Why go Snowboarding?
People usually stumble upon snowboarding through friends or by word of mouth, decide that Snowboarding looks like a lot of fun, and resolve to give it a try. More often than not, after their first encounter with snowboarding, they get hooked with it. In fact, you'll doubtlessly have a hard time finding someone who tried snowboarding and was afterwards disappointed with the experience. Consequently, Snowboarding has exploded as a recreational physical activity over the past two decades.
One of the reasons why the snowboarding industry has experienced a boom is because it gives you freedom to choose between high speed adrenaline rushes, performing tricks and taking a simple relaxing descent. Not only that, Snowboarding has so much to offer:
- Different Riding Styles to choose from and develop
- Breathtaking terrains as you travel all over the world looking for the greatest most exciting runs
- Amazing adrenaline rushes from performing tricks and high speed descents
- Varieties of great gear which will help improve your snowboarding skills and make you look like a snow god!
- A steep learning curve with most snowboarding novices being able to hit their first slope after 2-3 days
- Enough challenges, technique and styles to keep you hooked for years
- Different kinds of terrain to master ranging from well groomed ski slopes to backcountry wilderness
- Different types of Conditions to master ranging from fresh powder to ice
- International competitions and events to either visit or to compete in
- 100,000s of fellow snowboarding enthusiasts that all share your passion
Imagine this. You are gliding through knee-deep powder on a steep mountain slope in an apparently weightless state. As if you're flying, you feel the swooshing of air on your skin as you pick up speed. The sun warms your face as you carve one high speed turn after another. The mountain is yours. You have complete freedom to cruise your snowboard wherever you want it to take you. As you dodge through the trees you notice an excellent take off platform and decide to go for it: you bend your knees a little more as your speed increases, you lift off, make a perfect frontside 360 indy before landing safely on both feet. Adrenaline rushes through your body as you gradually decrease your speed and take it easy to enjoy the exceptional views as you head to your favorite ski lodge for a nice cup of coffee with your mates.……Now that s**t is the s**t.